Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Thing #23-- Oh and one last thing...

  1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
This experience has been wonderful... for considering myself pretty technologically inclined prior to beginning this journey, I definitely learned a lot! I think my favorite discovery was probably Delicious, though Ning is definitely high up there as well! I plan to incorporate both into the upcoming school year

2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?

Well, the availability of this online and to be able to work on it from home is definitely the way of the future. I hope to continue to have at least one program going on at a time so that I am constantly aware of the latest and greatest in educational technologies. Some of the Things also gave me some tools to use!

3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

Plenty! I could pretty much see how most of the Things could play a role in my classroom or assisting me in becoming a better educator. Students are notorious for a being a step-ahead of adults when it comes to technology and I feel like I may have caught up for the time being and am excited to implement!

4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?

Overall I think the concept works well. To improve, you could maybe host it through a tool like Ning instead of a blog to allow for more interaction between the players... though I know that commenting also serves that purpose

5. If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?

Absolutely!

6. How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?

Library2Play is like GPS for the internet.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your final statement...might have to borrow it! :-)

    hope you will share some of your new adventures during the coming year.

    ReplyDelete