Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Thing # 22-- It's good to be the Ning

Well hey there, Ning... it seems like the possibilities for your use are endless! (but maybe that's the point) As a teacher, the idea of connecting with my students on Facebook or MySpace makes me a little uneasy... so this seems like a great alternative. In fact, Ning might have more of a place for teachers than a blog or a website as far as being an online component to the classroom. My preliminary ideas are having Nings for each class ... maybe even separated into periods. On whole, I think it would be a replacement for my current homework site as it adds the function of interaction. I envision a student posting a problem they are having with a concept and ther students commenting to help them understand and/or add their own issues. I will definitely attempt to give this a shot this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment