Monday, July 12, 2010

Thing #10-- Picture this

YAY! I LOVED this THING assignment. I was most attracted back to Big Huge Labs as I liked the feature of using photographs from your facebook or flikr accounts rather than having to upload. I also enjoyed Image chef's Word Mosaic tool and decided to create a tribute to a favorite song of mine. Finally, I could help myself by making a work of art out of my newborn son using Dumpr's sketch feature.

I think the trading card creator could be used in my classroom as part of a research assignment on animal behaviors. I created a (very very very) simple one for a dog below. I can also see myself using some of these tools to create images to enhance some of my classroom presentations as the ability to personalize animations, comics, etc could make a lecture more entertaining and applicable.

Here are a few of my creations

Big Huge Labs- Trading cards


Image Chef-- Word Mosaic -- Frank Sinatra's "Fly Me to the Moon"

ImageChef Word Mosaic - ImageChef.com


Dumpr-- Image of my son taken from photo on my desktop







1 comment: