Friday, July 23, 2010

Thing #18-- Maybe I won't clutter my online office

Forgive the title, but last few weeks of summer= declutter rooms and our office is the WORST.

I decided to opt for Google's version as I am on my husband's laptop and want to limit what I download. As I mentioned previously, I use Google docs pretty frequently for personal use. I have created a food diary using their version of excel and have a working honey-do list with my husband where we keep track of the statuses of our many many projects.

The advantages of an online office are:
1)Easy access-- wherever you have internet
2)Ability to share/collaborate
3) Do not take up memory on hard-drive

Disadvantages:
1) Limited function compared to Microsoft version
2) Privacy issues
3)Transferability into Microsoft-- I know that it can, but it's not always a seamless transfer between the two... at least with Google Docs
4) Can't access without internet access -- these places still exist, people!

Though I have more disadvantages... I believe they are smaller issues compared to the whopper advantages. I vote YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment