Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thing #16-- wiki fever

The most experience I've had with a wiki up to this point is fervently threatening my students to NEVER to use Wikipedia as a reference for research. Though I don't see myself reversing that thinking this year or even the next, I do see the potential application of wikis into the classroom in OTHER ways. I really like the idea of a top 10 list... especially as an end of semester activity to wrap up what they've learned. I could see it also functioning as an organizer (graphic or not) to assist students in apprehending what they've been presented in a different way!

After watching that video I can see how a wiki would be used personally as my friends and I are notorious for planning events using a "barrage" of e-mails. Wish I had used one for my wedding! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment