Tuesday, July 13, 2010

LibraryThing #11--

LibraryThing is an interesting site that I had never heard of until this experience. It was easy to join and add books to my profile. I tried searching for groups but had a hard time locating ones that were active. I ended up going back to the Group home page and looking through some of the ones highlighted on that page. I found one that appeared to be essentially an online book club for different novels.

As a science teacher, we don't assign books for outside reading, however, it's clear how Language Arts teachers could utilize this site to help students keep track of the books they read as well as a portal for commenting on or reviewing them. I saw there were a few groups set up by teachers that allowed students to review books they had read, but few were still active.

No comments:

Post a Comment